EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE
So it is my Love's birthday and I decided to make the Orange Cake. I enjoy baking cakes as they are easy to make. Basically just need assembling of ingredients and proper measurements and you are good to go.
I have recently started baking and love every aspect of it. Especially the aroma, the whole house start smelling heavenly. The only challenge I face is to bake a super moist spongy cake without eggs.That's where most of the recipes fail. But trust me this is the NO FAIL RECIPE. The cake turns out melt in mouth texture. I enjoyed the citrusy punch of orange bites in it. In all, it is a good eggless cake and a must try for those who are new bees in baking. Super easy cake with very fewer ingredients.



EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (Substitute: All purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 can of Sweetened Condensed milk (I used a 14oz can)
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Oranges cut into small pieces (I used canned oranges)
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice (I used the juice of canned oranges)
METHOD:
- Preheat the oven at 325 F ( Approx. 165 C ). Grease the 9-inch classic square cake pan. You can use round pan too.
- In a large bowl sift the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder and baking soda). Mix it all well.
- Now start adding the wet ingredients. Add 1/2 cup orange pieces, 1/2 cup orange juice and salted butter.
- Fold in everything gently and make sure everything is well combined. Do not use a hand blender.
- Transfer the cake batter in the baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Last 5 minutes are crucial so keep an eye on it.
- Insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake to check if it is done completely. It should come out dry and clean.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife between the pan and the cake and turn the cake upside down on the wire rack.
- Now brush the bottom of the cake with leftover orange juice to keep the cake soft.
- Top the cake with whipping cream and garnish it with slices of oranges.
STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
| In a large bowl sift the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder and baking soda). Mix it all well. |
| Drain the Orange. Save the juice for later use. |
| Cut Orange into small pieces. Add 1/2 cup oranges. |
| Add 1/2 cup orange juice. |
| Add half cup melted butter (room temperature) |
| Add half can condensed milk |
| Gently fold the ingredients together |
| Tap the baking sheet to evenly distribute the batter |
| Bake for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye for the last 5 minutes. |
| Brush the leftover orange juice on the cake to keep it moist. |
ENJOY!!!
NOTE:
- I used a 20 oz can of oranges. Drain the oranges using a strainer. Save the juice as we will be using it in the preparation.
- I substituted the white flour with Whole Wheat Pastry Flour.

Wow! Thanks geniee for such a lovely recipe explained in such an easy way. It's a must try receipe. I wish I get the whole wheat flour in India. :-( waiting for your next receipe.
ReplyDeleteHey Thanks Yuvika..! You can use the same Aashirwad flour too if u wish..I tried cake recipes with it substituting white flour and they come out well..as it is very fine texture..:-)
DeleteWow! Thanks geniee for such a lovely recipe explained in such an easy way. It's a must try receipe. I wish I get the whole wheat flour in India. :-( waiting for your next receipe.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete